Snack on my thoughts, please.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Movie Miscellany

I recently watched When the Levees Broke. The film is absorbing, artistic, and informative. I always take everything that I see with a grain of salt, but nonetheless, I certainly sensed that I was consuming a realistic depiction of what went down. Ray Nagin is part of a 'cast' of almost 100 interviewees (also featured are Governor Kathleen Blanco, Soledad O'Brien, Kanye West, residents of New Orleans, musicians, scholars, etc). In his candid interviews, he seems down-to-earth (what I mean to say is that I don't feel like I've been bull-shat after I hear him speak on something). And I personally think that he did the best he could with what he had after Katrina. Soledad O'Brien was also riveting. She was honest and ballsy. Good stuff. Oh, and PS-- Ray Nagin... is good looking.



Has anyone seen Princesas? This is a character-driven movie set in Madrid, with our main characters living lives of prostitution. It is a pretty good flick. Parts of the plot are ambiguous, but in an obvious way. Many things happen that are not seen or spoken about, but the viewer knows precisely what transpires. I am thinking specifically about a certain part at the end of the movie... I won't spoil it for you, though. Filmed in Spanish with English subtitles.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home